Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Out of the Blue

Out of the Blue

According to Pete Chambers, formed out of Jimmy Jimmy in the mid to late 80's, I think.

BACK TO THE BAND INDEX


Pete says (in Godiva Rocks) "Out of the Blue were a stylish six piece unit comprising of James O'Neill - Vocals and guitar, Howie Price - Sax, Rob Arnall - Keyboards, Miles Woodroffe - bass, Ray Jenkins - guitar and Steve Kenny - drums. I had a lot of time for this band. I remember I once got a call from an excited Sean O'Sullivan, he was the A & R guy at A & R Records, asking me all about them. He had become interested in them when news broke they would be supporting Wet Wet Wet. Despite such interest they finally split-up and probably went back to their day jobs in Hertford (Where Jimmy Jimmy began busking)."


I also have Steve Kavanagh down as being in the band at some stage and with Rob Arnall - were both of the band Presage. I think this was early Out of the Blue, then called Fresh (86).

No comments:

Post a Comment