Friday, August 6, 2021

Brian's Band / Medicine Shack



Brian's Band / Medicine Shack

Leigh Malin writes - "Regrettably, I don't have any photos of my time in this band but I'm sure I have a stack of flyers & stuff. Great memories, though. This was a great band & I think it ran from 1992-95 ish. Initially, we were known as "Brian's Band" & eventually became "The Medicine Shack". We used to rehearse upstairs in the Silver Sword on Wednesday nights & did regular gigs there to pay for the use of the room. We had some really good original songs & as it was popular at that time, were sort of acid jazz styled. we did covers as well. We used to play the Golden Cross often, & the Dog & Trumpet even more so. We actually played my 21st birthday at the Dog & Trumpet. Again, we played a run of uni gigs."

Line up  -
Anthony "Spring" Haynes - vocals
Grace Haynes - vocals
Brian Clarke - vocals / alto sax
Matt Edwards - bass
Jay Langdell - guitar
Chris Pemberton - keyboards
Karl Stevens - alto sax
Paul "Scobie" Jenkins - tenor sax
Leigh Malin - baritone sax
James Connolly - drums
Mark O'Docherty - trumpet



No comments:

Post a Comment