Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Orbit 4

 

Orbit 4
c 1960

L to R Pete Bowron - Rhythm Dave Jones – Drums - Errol McGrath guitar

Davy Jones's 1st group, more practiced than played at The Waterworks Club

BACK TO THE BAND INDEX

Errol McGrath writes
"This was the first band I formed. We were rehearsing at the ‘Waterworks Club’ when a
David Jones

guy came into the room and asked if he could book us at the club and what were we called, I did not have a name for the band then and trying to think while looking at the guitar –I named it after the guitar I was playing at the time ‘The Orbit’ (see drum skin). We really did not have any equipment at the time and all looks a bit pathetic now but I suppose we all have to start somewhere.

I attach a Pic taken at the time. I think that is Pete Bowron on the left and Davy Jones on Drums and myself on the right. I really like these lads very much and I always wondered what happened to them.

Many years later I went on to form ‘Coconut Mat’ (heavy rock band)and supported Jeff Lynn, Status Quo, Pink Floyd etc."

Errol McGrath

No comments:

Post a Comment