Friday, April 1, 2022

Firefly

 Firefly

BAND INDEX

Andy Rothwell Guttercat, Mick Cashin - bass, 80's band with the DaVoil family. (Source - Rob - Cook Williams.)


Andy Rothwell - Guttercat says

"Around 1981, after Malias, I auditioned to join another band, that was being formed by Clive Skellon (drummer) who went on to be a well known local DJ on local radio station, Mercia Sound. He had all the songs written (and carried them round in a brief case, all professional like!). He had some recording and rehearsal time booked in, at Roger Lomas' (Ska producer) home studio's. We went up there and rehearsed a few times but for whatever reason it all fell through. (I have a feeling that his girlfriend got pregnant and he decided to call it a day with the musical career). He seemed so confident and knowledgeable to me at the time, but things weren't meant to be!


My third band took a while for me to find. Again it was through a friend of a friend drinking at the Dive, that I found myself auditioning for my next band. This was another metal band who tried to attract a biker type audience. They were all greasy long hair and dirty denims and leathers. The band were called Firefly. * My musical tastes were changing at this time with me listening to the likes of Twisted Sister, Hanoi Rocks and Wrathchild. Gig wise I moved up a notch. I played more gigs than I thought were possible at the time and we got to play to larger audiences including a support slot with Bernie Torme and Thunderstick at the General Wolfe and supports with local Biker/NWOBHM band Chainsaw. But things were not meant to be again. I got myself a red leather biker's jacket and was sacked for becoming too glam for the bands image. They continued for a short while with a new singer, before calling it a day and splitting up."















No comments:

Post a Comment