Wednesday, March 9, 2022

The Harmony Blues

 

The Harmony Blues
BAND INDEX

THE HARMONY BLUES - Kevin Moore tells us - This was my first group and the band started when I was at school about 1969 ish. In those days it was hard to get gear because we had no money , we practiced in my dads garage upsetting the nieghbours . We had one mike and dressed in black and defiantly had no harmony. If one of our parents were going out for he night we would practice around that house and so on . I remember often pushing my amp down the street in a wheel barrow. Back then I did a morning and night paper round to get the money together to buy gear . My first electric guitar was a vox two pick up, i bought it from a lad down the hill for a fiver , the neck on it , well!! i think Robin Hood used it to fire his arrows from it was that bent . My first amp was an old radio gram , then id saved enough to buy a Selmer twin lead thirty.
All the members were at school .... i have pictures some where I will try to find them . I was on lead and rhythm . ... we also had a girl drummer . The members were Kev Moore. Mick Wale . John Bulldog Harrison , and Mick Ford . ....we had some great laughs .
In those days you could fill your diary playing four nights a week just in Coventry, Nuneaton and Bedworth alone ., if you got a gig in Brum then it was a tour . After about 1 year we split but always remained good friends . [ girl friends got in the way. ]


Kevin went on to play with Bakerloo Line ( a blues band) in London and then in Coventry - New City Sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment