Thursday, October 6, 2022

BLOWN FUZE

BLOWN FUZE


Line up:

Stig Foster
- vocals and guitar, (Now a film maker)
Mick Galic - bass ( Joined Team 23 then Dexy's Midnight Runners on Come on Eileen)
Gary (Gaz) Hough our live sound man
John Hewitt (Stonki) (in Pic below with King on Top of the Pops) - Drums (later with King - played on Love and Pride) and also with Team 23


From John Hewitt
" I started in 1976, self taught studied drumming by bands: Squeeze, Ian Dury, Steely Dan etc and watched carefully others in clubs and pubs. Stig Foster and me formed Solid Grease doing covers, changed name to Profile first live gig was 26th Feb 1977 at a church in Tile Hill, called The Loft.1978 was in 3 bands at same time- Pseuds and The Fuze (both punk) with Stig Foster plus Dealer, we played covers at Dog and Trumpet a few times.in 1979 met Mick Galic (later Team 23 and Dexy's) at Cov Climax where we worked and changed name to Blown Fuze. Mick joined, I left the other bands and we did a few local gigs. I took drum lessons, to improve myself with Neal Wilkinson (now a session player with Westlife and Leonna Lewis etc) and his uncle Snowy Evans. We did band contest at lanch 1980 and Jerome stole me for The End did Sent from Coventry LP, then formed Team 23, great band that should massive.toured with Specials in 1980, also with Madness, and John Bradbury paid for and did our single. Band split and reformed and did 1 gig at Sportsmans Arms in Cov in 1981.


1982 Jerome and me formed Golden Age and did 1 gig at General Wolfe in cov.1983 Paul King asked me to join King and did loads of gigs and played on Love and Pride.did Guinness Book of Records drum record at nia, july 2009, nearly 600 of us at same time, fantastic, not played since as sent me deaf!! My current kit:tama silver 6 piece starcast,with 16 "and 18"ziljian k cyms and paiste 202 hi hats" Cheers John



Blown Fuze - Here Comes The Funwave


Blown Fuze - In A World Of My Own




John Hewitt with King.



From Alternative Sounds






John Hewitt and Mick Galic

No comments:

Post a Comment