Monday, July 11, 2022

The CHICANES

 

The CHICANES

The CHICANES

December 1963 - 1965 (Source Broadgate Gnome)  Beat Group

Line up: Roger Gunn (lead guitar), Robert Cumner (rhythm guitar), Bernie Tompkins (bass), Kevin Connelly (drums).

Barry Kingsbeer formed the band with Kevin Connelly- see note below.

Formed in December 1963 and managed by Gordon Williams. Signed with Joe Meek as their recording manager. Became The Money Spiders in 1965.

Barry Kingsbeer

I was flattered to see a kind mention of the Chicanes here, schoolmate Kevin Connolly got a drum kit and took me round to his house to see it. At that point, being young and without fear (some might sat without a clue) we decided to form a band. I didn't play any instrument at that time but ended up on bass which has been my first instrument ever since. On leaving the band I joined The Establishment, formerly The Stormbreakers from Nuneaton. Left Coventry 65/66 and lost touch. I’ve lived in Stratford for the last 20 years and am still playing. From http://www.bbc.co.uk/coventry/content/articles/2004/11/05/music_godiva_rocks_feature.shtml





No comments:

Post a Comment