Saturday, September 1, 2018

Transient

Transient
c 1985 - 87

Information from Keith Lawrence.
"Transient was formed after I advertised for members in the Cov Telegraph in 1985. We rehearsed at the Arches Industrial estate via a business Co-op and also had rehearsed at the old abattoir in Upper York Street where King also rehearsed among other bands. We were extremely new to being in a band and were very low on finances. I was trying to make our overall sound as original as possible and although we may have sounded slightly Gothic as our sound was quite dark and sparse we were certainly not really a Goth type band. We never played outside the Coventry pub scene, playing mostly at The Sir Colin Campbell and the Hand and Heart. Towards the end of the lifespan of the band, we did a demo at Cabin studios. Peter Every assisted with that recording. 

Band members were 
Andy Camwell on drums, 
Simon Jones on synthesizers, 
Ron Holman on bass, 
Dana Craney backing vocals and me, 
Keith Lawrence on vocals and guitar. For very brief periods 
John Hobley (formerly A God"s Toy) and another chap (sorry name forgotten) played the drums each for one gig, before we folded.


After we split up in 1987 I was probably the only one left from the original line up who carried on with trying to form bands, write songs and do recordings , I have done a couple of CD LP's in recent years and do all the writing , playing and recording at home, which is a great pleasure. I just make the music I like to hear, which nobody else makes any more . I am more enthusiastic about making music than I was, even than when I started and care even less about the pop industry than I did in the past. I am really looking forward to making a lot more music after I retire in the not too distant future.

Hope you will add this Trev, Although we were never well known, I know there are people who may remember us as one of the few bands who tried to be original and not get blitzed, out of respect for our audience, before we started a performance in public."

No comments:

Post a Comment